- The government shutdown is ongoing, with no end in sight.
- The State Department does not have funding during the shutdown.
- But despite the lapse in funding, the State Department’s passport functions are still operational.
- Americans can still apply for and renew passports during the shutdown.
- The timeframe for receiving a new passport will also remain the same.
While the government shutdown is ongoing and the State Department does not currently have funding, Americans can still apply for and receive a passport during the closure.
According to the State Department, passport services are available during the shutdown and all passport services at post offices, libraries, and other facilities will remain open. Passport renewals are also available in person or by mail.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Trump’s State of the Union — whenever it is — won’t bail him out of the government-shutdown mess
- Here’s what happens to Social Security and disability benefits during a government shutdown
- GoFundMe campaigns to help furloughed federal employees pay their bills during government shutdown may now be in legal trouble