AP Photo/Seth Wenig
» Top New Releases in Books
Loading the page...
- A whistleblower says engineers have secretly replaced bolts on New York‘s new Mario Cuomo bridge to hide the faults from inspectors, NBC4NY reported Wednesday.
- The state’s attorney general is investing the 60 failed bolts (out of more than a million on the entire bridge.)
- The Mario Cuomo Bridge, which cost $ 3.98 billion, has been mired in controversy ever since it opened last year.
A small team of engineers worked under the cover of darkness to replace failing bolts on one of New York’s newest bridges, NBC4NY reported Wednesday.
Sixty bolts out of more than a million total are known to have failed on the newly opened Mario Cuomo Bridge, located on the Hudson River about 25 miles north of New York City.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Amazon posing a threat to FedEx is a ‘fantastical’ idea, CEO said — but the reality is much more complicated
- FedEx just slashed its 2019 forecast because of ‘global economic uncertainty’
- We drove the all-new $ 644,000 Rolls-Royce Phantom and were blown away by its opulence. Take a look inside.