- Naomi Osaka could sign the biggest deal Adidas has ever agreed with a female athlete.
- The deal, believed to be worth $ 8.5 million, could be announced on Thursday.
- The new agreement comes hot on the heels of Osaka’s straight sets victory over Serena Williams, a match now notorious because of a global fallout.
- Osaka’s new deal with Adidas is said to be a reflection of the 20-year-old’s increased fame.
- And it could even be a sign of things to come, as Osaka is now seen as “a branding sensation.”
Naomi Osaka is reportedly set to sign the biggest deal Adidas has ever agreed with a female athlete.
Osaka, a 20-year-old tennis player, just won the 2018 US Open — her first ever Grand Slam title. She defeated 23-time major winner Serena Williams in straight sets, 6-2, 6-4, on Saturday at the Arthur Ashe Stadium in New York, and collected a $ 3.8 million pay check.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- An Australian newspaper printed a cartoon showing Serena Williams as an angry baby
- ‘No more booing’: Serena Williams gives emotional interview after dramatic US Open women’s final
- Surprise 20-year-old US Open finalist Naomi Osaka on what pushed her in semifinal match: ‘I really want to play Serena’