» Top New Releases in Books
Loading the page...
- A witness in the Russia investigation has testified that Trump associate Erik Prince helped arrange a 2017 meeting in the Seychelles islands with a Kremlin ally as part of an effort to establish a backchannel of communication between the US and Russia, and to discuss US-Russia relations under the Trump administration.
- The revelation appears to contradict Prince’s testimony before the House Intelligence Committee last year, when he told the panel his meeting with the Kremlin ally, Russian investor Kirill Dmitriev, happened by chance.
- The unnamed witness’ testimony also comes amid reports that George Nader, an adviser to the Emirati crown prince who attended the Seychelles meeting on behalf of the United Arab Emirates, is cooperating with Mueller and testified before a grand jury earlier this year.
Sign up for the latest Russia investigation updates here.
The special counsel Robert Mueller has learned from a witness that a 2017 meeting in the Seychelles islands between an associate of President Donald Trump and a top Kremlin ally was arranged in order to establish a backchannel of communication between the US and Russia, The Washington Post reported Wednesday. See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Inside the tropical paradise that’s like something out of a James Bond movie, where a Trump associate had a secret meeting with a Russian and the Emirati crown prince
- There’s been a new twist in a controversial CNN story that led to the firing of 3 journalists last year
- Mueller has secured sworn testimony from a little-known but pivotal witness in the Russia investigation