» Top New Releases in Books
Loading the page...
- Six more bodies have been recovered from beneath tons of mud after a landslide devastated a village on Indonesia’s main island of Java, bringing the death toll to 15.
- Following recent torrential rains, the landslide struck just before dark on Monday, crashing down the surrounding hillside and burying more than 30 houses in Sirnaresmi village in West Java.
- Soldiers, police and residents have fanned out in the ongoing search for victims, Associated Press reports.
JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) — Rescuers recovered six more bodies buried under tons of mud from a landslide that crashed onto a hilly village on Indonesia’s main island of Java, bringing the death toll to 15, officials said Tuesday.
The landslide that plunged down surrounding hills just before sunset Monday buried 30 houses in Sirnaresmi village in West Java’s Sukabumi district. Sixty people who lost their homes were forced to move to a temporary shelter, said National Disaster Mitigation Agency spokesman Sutopo Purwo Nugroho.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
NOW WATCH: 7 things you shouldn’t buy on Black Friday
- I became a CEO at 20 and raised $ 77 million over the last 10 years. Here are the most powerful lessons I’ve learned.
- I’m a neurosurgeon, and the best morning routine I’ve found only consists of 3 simple steps
- Share your opinion — become a BI Insider!