Poweshiek County Emergency Management Agency
» Top New Products
Loading the page...
- Mollie Tibbetts’ father wrote in a Des Moines Register op-ed that he wants people to stop using his daughter’s name to push “profoundly racist” views.
- The revelation that Tibbetts’ suspected murderer was an unauthorized immigrant from Mexico reignited a national debate over immigration — but Rob Tibbetts wrote that he wants his daughter left out of it.
- He urged Americans to “build bridges, not walls.”
“Do not appropriate Mollie’s soul in advancing views she believed were profoundly racist,” Rob Tibbetts wrote. “The person who is accused of taking Mollie’s life is no more a reflection of the Hispanic community as white supremacists are of all white people. To suggest otherwise is a lie. Justice in my America is blind.”See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Trump jokes that Sarah Huckabee Sanders is ‘having a nervous breakdown’ over his response to John McCain’s death
- Trump confirmed that his administration may try a legally dubious maneuver to create a $ 100 billion tax cut that overwhelmingly benefits the wealthy
- Trump is canceling pay raises for federal workers because it would cost the government $ 25 billion next year. The GOP tax law is going to cost the government 8 times that much in 2019.