Apple’s student discount offers are back with the US technology firm dropping prices across a range of products.
The Back To School / off to university sale is open to students and teachers with some big savings to be grabbed on iPads, MacBooks and Apple Music subscriptions.
The education pricing is available to current and newly accepted university students, parents buying for university students, and teachers and education staff at all levels.
Those wanting to take advantage of the sale need to verify their current student or staff status with UNiDAYS to start shopping at apple.com
Here’s the pick of the offers.
• Up to £270 off a qualifying Mac with Apple Education pricing.
• Buy an eligible Mac and get Beats Solo3 Wireless for free – in new Beats Pop Collection colours exclusive to Apple. (usual price £249.95)
• 20% off AppleCare protection plan.
• Save with education pricing on all iPad Pro models.
• Buy iPad Pro and get Powerbeats3 Wireless for free – in new Beats Pop • Collection colours exclusive to Apple. (usual price £169.95)
• Get Apple Pencil for less with education pricing.
• Apple Music is half price for students.
• Get credit towards your new Mac or iPad with Apple GiveBack. Trade in an eligible device for an Apple Store Gift Card or instant credit in a store, good for you and the planet.
The news of these latest offers comes as Apple has just announced a refresh to its popular MacBook laptops.
The upgrade comes to the MacBook Pro which is now faster thanks to an 8th-generation Intel Core processor.
Apple is boasting that this boost will make the 15-inch model up to 70 percent faster with the 13-inch model getting two times faster performance.
Additional updates include support for up to 32GB of memory and a True Tone display.
These new laptops also have an improved third-generation keyboard which Apple says will make typing on the laptop quieter than before.
“The latest generation MacBook Pro is the fastest and most powerful notebook we’ve ever made,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing.
“Now with 8th-generation 6-core processors, up to 32GB of system memory, up to 4TB of super fast SSD storage, new True Tone technology in its Retina display and Touch Bar, the Apple T2 chip for enhanced security and a third-generation quieter keyboard packed into its thin and light aluminium design with all-day battery life, it’s the best notebook for pro users.”