Photo by Alex Caparros/Getty Images
» Top New Releases in Books
Loading the page...
- Lionel Messi has fractured his arm one week before the biggest match of FC Barcelona’s season so far.
- The injury occured after just 17 minutes of Saturday’s La Liga game against Sevilla.
- Messi had already provided one assist and scored one goal before he suffered a horrific fall while challenging for the ball alongside Sevilla midfielder Franco Vazquez.
- Messi was treated by the sidelines, had his arm wrapped with a bandage, and used his shirt as a sling before he was ultimately replaced by Ousmane Dembele.
- It has been confirmed Messi will be out of action for the upcoming El Clásico match against Real Madrid on Sunday, October 28.
- Read all of Business Insider’s coverage for the 2018-2019 European soccer season here.
Lionel Messi needed just two minutes to create a goal when FC Barcelona played Sevilla at Camp Nou on Saturday, then scored one himself 10 minutes later.
It looked like world soccer was about to get treated to yet another Messi masterclass, but the forward suffered a horrific fall in the 17th minute, badly injured his arm, and was substituted off of the field.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
NOW WATCH: What it takes to be an NFL referee
- Your opinion matters. Become a BI Insider today!
- A hidden threat that’s been haunting the market for years is flaring up — and it could mean the meltdown in stocks is just getting started
- A Florida woman sent rescuers to save her family when she saw the word ‘HELP’ written on the lawn in aerial images after Hurricane Michael