Robertus Pudyanto/Getty Images
- Lamborghinis were spotted parked outside New York’s blockchain conference Consensus this week.
- Cryptocurrency enthusiasts (and others) have long revered the Lamborghini as an aspirational symbol of wealth.
- But it turns out that the Lamborghinis in question didn’t actually belong to any of the attendees: They were staged rentals.
Lamborghinis have long been an aspirational symbol within the cryptocurrency community. As such, it made sense that several of the coveted Italian sports cars would make an appearance this week outside Consensus, New York’s massive blockchain conference.
Onlookers first posted photos to Twitter of three gleaming Lamborghinis parked outside the Hilton Midtown Hotel in Manhattan early Monday morning. But, as it turns out, the cars don’t actually belong to any of the attendees.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- HTC just unveiled a blockchain-powered smartphone designed to help reinvent the internet
- Coinbase just rolled out 4 new crypto trading tools, and they offer a big clue to where the platform might be headed next
- Facebook is reportedly exploring the creation of its own cryptocurrency