- During the season 16 premiere of ABC’s “American Idol” on Sunday night, 19-year-old contestant Benjamin Glaze from Enid, Oklahoma got his first kiss from judge Katy Perry.
- Before auditioning for Perry, Luke Bryan, and Lionel Richie, Glaze admitted that he hadn’t kissed a girl and was never in a relationship.
- Perry immediately asked Glaze to kiss her on the cheek.
- Perry told him that he “didn’t make the smush sound,” so he tried to kiss her on the cheek again, but she quickly turned her head and kissed him on the lips instead.
- Glaze was so surprised that he dropped to the floor.
- “It might have been the kiss of death,” Perry joked before Glaze sang Nick Jonas’ “Levels.”
- Glaze didn’t make it to the Hollywood, but Perry said that she “really enjoyed” meeting him.
- Watch the video below.
Sign up here to get INSIDER’s favorite stories straight to your inbox.
- ‘The Bachelor’ star denies reports that he and Lauren were engaged before the ‘After the Final Rose’ episode
- ‘The Bachelor’ star says ABC didn’t ask him to film his breakup with Becca K. — but it did request something else of him
- Even former ‘Bachelor’ and ‘Bachelorette’ contestants are calling out Arie after the controversial finale