Mass Communication Specialist 2nd Class Nathan Burke/U.S. Navy via AP
- Senator John McCain was buried on Sunday at the US Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland.
- McCain trained there as a young man in the 1950s, and met his best friend Chuck Larson.
- Larson later became a US Admiral, and chose burial plots at the academy with space for McCain, himself, and their wives.
Sen. John McCain was finally laid to rest on Sunday at the US Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland a day after a ceremony in Washington, D.C., where thousands of prominent business, media, military, and political figures came to pay their respects.
In contrast, Sunday’s ceremony at McCain’s alma mater was small and private. The late senator graduated from the elite naval academy in 1958, where he met his friend Chuck Larson, before serving in Vietnam as a fighter jet pilot. See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- In glowing eulogy for John McCain, Obama urges Americans to follow McCain’s example and ignore ‘mean and petty’ politics ‘born out of fear’
- ‘America was always great’: Meghan McCain delivered a fiery rebuke of Trump in an emotional eulogy at her father’s funeral
- John McCain wanted Obama and Bush to speak at his funeral, but Trump’s not invited