Michael Loccisano/Getty Images for FanDuel
- Paddy Power Betfair confirms takeover talks with US fantasy sports startup FanDuel.
- Talks are ongoing and a deal is not guaranteed.
- The talks come after a landmark ruling from the US Supreme Court on Monday that opens the door for legalised sports betting in the US.
LONDON — Irish bookmaker Paddy Power Betfair has confirmed takeover talks with US fantasy sports company FanDuel.
Paddy Power said in a statement on Wednesday that it is “in discussions regarding a potential combination of the Group’s US business and FanDuel to create a combined business to target the prospective US sports betting market.”See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- The $ 8.8 billion UK gambling giant that owns Paddy Power and Betfair is considering buying FanDuel
- The 10 highest-grossing movies of all time, including ‘Avengers: Infinity War’
- Meghan Markle is about to prove her dominance over Kate Middleton — and it could be worth up to $ 1.4 billion to the British economy