- The Washington, DC, area is buzzing with speculation that Northern Virginia could soon land Amazon HQ2.
- Two sources said as much to Business Insider.
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is amid a high-profile trip to Washington, DC.
The Washington, DC, area is buzzing with speculation that Amazon could soon select Northern Virginia as the location for its highly sought-after second headquarters, two sources told Business Insider.
Amazon has sought to tamp down on the speculation as the company’s CEO Jeff Bezos makes a high-profile visit to the region. Ahead of a major event on Thursday night where Bezos will be interviewed by Carlyle Group co-founder and co-CEO David Rubenstein at the DC Economic Club, Amazon told The Washington Post on Tuesday that no announcement would be forthcoming on Bezos’s visit to the city. Reached by Business Insider on Thursday, an Amazon spokesperson said they had nothing to add on top of what was reported in The Post.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- The evidence is piling up that Amazon will choose Washington, DC, for its HQ2
- The most recent round of Amazon criticisms reveals how the company has taken Walmart’s spot as a symbol for everything wrong with American big business
- Amazon has joined DC’s chamber of commerce amid massive HQ2 speculation