Nicola Tree/Getty Images
» Top New Products
Loading the page...
- The People’s Vote campaign is preparing for the key months ahead in its mission to stop Brexit in 2019.
- The campaign expects two Conservative MPs, including a current minister, to join next month.
- One of the campaign’s leading groups has set up a unit for creating ads targeted at constituencies.
- The unit — known as “Pod” — has strategists with experience of working for David Cameron and Barak Obama.
- Theresa May has consistently ruled out another referendum.
- However, with MPs almost certain to vote down her Brexit deal and time running out, many believe the prime minister may be left with no choice but to hold one.
LONDON — The People’s Vote campaign for a second Brexit referendum is on the brink of recruiting at least two Conservative MPs, including one government minister, as it prepares for a pivotal few months in its mission to stop the UK leaving the European Union.
The campaign is gaining momentum amid increasing uncertainty over Brexit. The number of MPs behind it is growing and Theresa May is now a regular user of the term “People’s Vote.”See the rest of the story at Business Insider
NOW WATCH: 7 things you shouldn’t buy on Black Friday
- 19 unforgettable quotes from legendary Marine Gen. Jim ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis, who just quit as Trump’s defense secretary
- The 95 most candid photos of Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, Prince William, and Kate Middleton from 2017 and 2018
- The man behind a GoFundMe campaign that has raised $ 11 million to build Trump’s wall also ran a conspiracy-theory page that got kicked off Facebook