Last year’s edition of I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! was criticised by some for having too little entertainment value as the campmates simply got on so well.
But that’s the exact reason Sunday Brunch presenter Simon Rimmer would consider taking part on the ITV programme now.
Simon, 56, is no stranger to reality shows having tried his best to don his ballroom dancing shoes and wow viewers on Strictly Come Dancing nearly two years ago.
The former contestant wasn’t hopeful for his chances in the fiercely competitive BBC series, but in the end he surprised himself and managed to get to week six with his professional dance partner Karen Clifton.
Now the TV personality has revealed he could very well be joining the crew Down Under in Australia later this year.
In an exclusive interview with Express.co.uk, Simon shared: “I’d probably do the jungle.
“I always said I wouldn’t, but think I’ve become quite intrigued by that.”
“It’s a slightly different show now too – it’s a really nice warm cuddly show these days,” he laughed.
“In the past it always felt the jungle thrived on the tension in the camp,” the star continued. “But this year in particular, I thought was really lovely.
“Just a really nice bunch of people. Emily [Atack] was brilliant, Fleur [East] was brilliant, Harry [Redknapp] was amazing, really good this year.”
Despite Simon’s encouraging thoughts on taking part in the show, the presenter revealed there is one programme he couldn’t be swayed to have a crack at.
“I definitely wouldn’t do Dancing On Ice!” he declared.
Last year’s series of I’m A Celebrity saw its biggest change since the beginning when Holly Willoughby took over regular presenter Ant McPartlin’s role.
The This Morning host, 37, filled in for her old friend and joined Geordie favourite Declan Donnelly in camp for three weeks, and was largely praised for her approach to the Australian show.
Despite her enjoyment taking part in the project though, Holly was keen to ensure fans knew it was a one off.
When Ant made his return to television the presenter was keen to get back to her regular duties with longtime co-star Phillip Schofield.
Dec suggested it was actually Holly’s decision whether she wanted to return – but it would possibly be in another role.
Speaking to Digital Spy at the BAFTAs last month, the father-of-one said: “That’s kind of down to her I suppose, she was fantastic out there last year.
“She made it clear that she’s seen it as a one-year thing so I don’t think she’ll be back this year – but you never know, there’s plenty of time between now and then.”
I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! returns to ITV later this year.