AP Photo/Mary Altaffer
- Michael Avenatti, the lawyer known to needle President Donald Trump on social media and on TV, says he might run against Trump as a Democrat in the 2020 presidential election.
- Avenatti first gave that information to the Des Moines Register newspaper on Thursday. He was in the Iowa state capital with several other presidential hopefuls getting a head start on the next race to the White House.
- “I wanted to come to Iowa and listen to people and learn about some issues that are facing the citizens of Iowa and do my homework,” Avenatti told the Des Moines Register.
- Avenatti has never held public office before, and has no known experience in politics. He made clear he’s only exploring a potential 2020 run, but said he believes Democrats “have yearned for a fighter,” and said he believes he fits the bill.
Michael Avenatti, the high-profile lawyer to adult-film star Stormy Daniels, and a frequent thorn in President Donald Trump’s side, wants you to know he’s thinking about a career change.
“I’m exploring a run for the presidency of the United States,” Avenatti told the Des Moines Register newspaper on Thursday, “and I wanted to come to Iowa and listen to people and learn about some issues that are facing the citizens of Iowa and do my homework.”See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Trump is on a ‘working vacation’ at his private golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey. Here’s how his vacation time compares to past presidents.
- Rand Paul has suddenly emerged as one of Trump’s biggest allies on Russia
- Trump is going to slap tariffs on another $ 16 billion worth of Chinese goods — here’s the full list of what will get hit