VCG via Getty Images
» Top New Releases in Books
Loading the page...
- Today it looks like US-China relations are at their lowest point in decades, and that perception on both sides is clouded by misunderstanding and paranoia.
- The average American has no awareness of, nor exposure to, the average person in China.
- Instead, Americans see 1.4 billion Chinese people and the handful of Chinese leaders as one and the same.
Today, it appears that US-China relations are at their lowest point in decades, and that perception on both sides is clouded by misunderstanding and paranoia. In such an environment, how young Americans are taught Chinese history and culture is incredibly important.
I have lived in the United States for 70 years, and taught history at Georgetown University for more than 60 years before retiring in 2016.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
NOW WATCH: 7 things you shouldn’t buy on Black Friday
- China’s gene-edited babies experiment violated western ethics norms. But China could write its own.
- The Trump administration moved to ban bump stocks, the devices that allow semi-automatic weapons to fire like automatic firearms
- Trump’s language and behavior are demolishing democracy and paving the way for a revival of fascism