The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you’ll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- For personal luxuries, I’m pretty cheap. But getting the seemingly ridiculous $ 150 Philips Hue White Ambiance Starter Kit has actually improved my quality of life.
- You can control all your Philips Hue bulbs by an app or by voice using Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant.
- The app lets you set schedules so lights automatically come on at any time of the day and for any specific need (reading, focus, relaxation, etc).
- If you love ambiance, you will love these.
I am probably more surprised to find myself writing a story about how wonderful expensive light bulbs are than you are to find yourself reading it.
As someone who almost exclusively subsisted off of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in college without complaint, I can tell you I’m not exactly a high maintenance person. In fact, where my needs are concerned, I’m pretty cheap. I moved myself into my first post-grad apartment using suitcases and Uber pools.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- 35 unique subscription boxes and services that keep on giving after the holidays are over
- The best caviar you can buy to ring in the New Year
- 20 cool gift ideas from ‘Shark Tank’ that you can get from Amazon in time for the holidays