- The Internet of Things is fueling the data-based economy and bridging the divide between physical and digital worlds.
- Consumers, companies, and governments will install more than 40 billion IoT devices worldwide through 2023.
- The next five years will mark a pivotal transformation in how companies and jurisdictions operate, and how consumers live.
Being successful in the digital age doesn’t just require knowing the latest buzzwords; it means identifying the transformational trends – and where they’re heading – before they ever heat up.
BI IntelligenceTake the Internet of Things (IoT), for example, which now receives not only daily tech news coverage with each new device launch, but also hefty investments from global organizations ushering in worldwide adoption. By 2023, consumers, companies, and governments will install more than 40 billion IoT devices globally. And it’s not just the ones you hear about all the time, like smart speakers and connected cars.
To successfully navigate this changing landscape, individuals and organizations must understand the full extent and functionality of the “Things” included in this network, the key drivers of each market segment, and how it all relates to the work they do every day.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- How the Internet of Things will transform consumerism, enterprises, and governments over the next five years
- Facebook is innovating amid slow user growth
- Walmart is targeting another Toys "R" Us category