Drew Angerer/Getty Images
- Michael Bloomberg, the former Republican mayor of New York, is considering a run for the presidency in 2020 as a centrist Democrat, despite an energized left wing and a crowded field.
- Many Democratic strategists say Bloomberg has no path to victory.
- “It’s hard to imagine someone more out of touch with the Democratic base,” said one operative.
Michael Bloomberg, the billionaire media mogul and former New York mayor, is seriously considering a run for the presidency in 2020 as a centrist Democrat, despite an energized left wing and a crowded field.
The former Republican, who’s spending $ 80 million largely on Democratic candidates in this year’s midterm elections, has received a warm welcome into the Democratic fold from party leaders, but strategists on the left say a presidential bid would likely be dead on arrival. See the rest of the story at Business Insider
NOW WATCH: Inside the Trump ‘MAGA’ hat factory
- Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court nomination has suddenly gotten back on track as Republicans grow impatient with his accuser
- Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation odds could get a boost if his accuser refuses to testify
- Brett Kavanaugh’s friend Mark Judge breaks silence about alleged sexual assault incident but says he will not testify