- Chinese companies outpaced their American counterparts in venture-capital funding for the first time during the second quarter, according to Goldman Sachs.
- Tech giants and Softbank contributed the most to this milestone.
- According to Goldman’s analysts, Chinese tech giants including Alibaba and Baidu are creating ecosystems with unprecedented influence to develop new technologies and business models.
- Watch Alibaba, Baidu, Tencent and JD.com trade in real-time.
Chinese companies have outpaced their North American rivals in funding startups for the first time — even as the country’s economy shows signs of slowing down.
In the second quarter, China-based companies recorded $ 30.9 billion of venture-capital investment, higher than North America’s $ 27.2 billion, according to data from Goldman Sachs. See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- ‘Nobody likes EMs anymore’: Merrill Lynch says you should buy 2 stock markets to make a killing from the US’s historic outperformance
- It looks like Trump has found the next big target in his trade war — Japan
- Thursday marks probably the most important moment yet in Trump’s trade war with China