David Ramos/Getty Images
- Real Madrid defeated Liverpool, 3-1, on Saturday to win their third consecutive Champions League title.
- The star of the match was substitute Gareth Bale, who drilled a bicycle kick into the back of the net just two minutes after subbing into the match to give Real a 2-1 lead.
- Teammate Cristiano Ronaldo had scored a similarly impressive goal in the quarterfinals of the competition.
Real Madrid defeated Liverpool 3-1 on Saturday to win their third consecutive Champions League title.
After a 0-0 first half, Karim Benzema opened up the scoring for Real in the 51st minute, getting his foot on a misplayed ball from Liverpool keeper Loris Karius. Liverpool would respond almost immediately thanks to a goal from Sadio Mané that tied the game at 1-1.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? The 2005 Champions League-winning Liverpool team
- Real Madrid training photos show how impressive Cristiano Ronaldo’s leg muscles are — here’s the workout routine that keeps him fit
- This is everything Cristiano Ronaldo eats and drinks for breakfast, lunch, and dinner