» Top New Releases in Books
Loading the page...
- “Skyscraper” is the second time director Rawson Marshall Thurber and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson have worked together, the first being the hit comedy “Central Intelligence.”
- Thurber explained to Business Insider how he worked with Johnson on “Skyscraper.”
- This included insight on the bidding war for the movie, and why the two felt the ending needed to be reshot.
The idea for “Skyscraper” came to director Rawson Marshall Thurber while editing his 2016 hit, “Central Intelligence.” The premise was simple: a guy has to get through a burning building full of terrorists to save his family. And looking at the screen in the editing suite, Thurber knew just the guy to play him.
“Skyscraper” marks the second time Dwayne Johnson and Thurber have worked together, but this is a very different project than “Central Intelligence,” an action comedy where The Rock and Kevin Hart throw out jokes while dodging bullets. This time, Thurber was looking for something different from his star.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Dwayne Johnson explains why he stopped going by ‘The Rock,’ then brought the nickname back
- All 37 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson movies, ranked from worst to best
- The Rock uses dizzying heights and dad strength in ‘Skyscraper’ to give audiences a thrilling ride