Epic Games have done a lot of work this week, providing the Season 7 update with a range of other new and surprising features.
» Top New Products
Loading the page...
Fortnite update 7.0 will be quickly followed by more patches over the week’s to come, the next one likely being a content release.
Fortnite Season 7 update 7.10 will arrive at the next major patch and could include even more LTMs and modes.
A new Holiday celebration is expected to arrive later this month, following in the footsteps of the successful Fortnitemares.
Epic Games has yet to announce their plans but are expected to start things in the coming weeks.
This will likely start with the open beta of the new Fortnite Creative Mode.
Thursday, December 13 will see the release of one Epic Games’ latest modes to everyone on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch and Mobile.
Creative Mode is currently only accessible to those with a Season 7 Battle Pass and will remain that way until later this week.
For those that don’t know, the new mode lets players design their own mini-games, maps and battles on a private island.
This will all be happening on their own private island where everything you make is saved from session to session.
“Battle Pass owners will have access to a private island for the first week of Season 7,” Epic Games confirms.
“During this early access week Battle Pass owners can invite their friends to play on their island.
“Starting December 13, all players will have access to a private island for free.”
It looks like the first weeks of the new Creative mode are going to be used as a beta by Epic Games.
And offering it to Battle Pass users first will no doubt help to drive sales of the cosmetic pass, which is a big part of any new season launch.
FORTNITE CREATIVE MODE RULES
- Epic Games has set out a code of conduct for fans to follow if they wish to be part of the Creative Mode fun, this includes:
- Respect other players. Be kind when creating and editing with others. Discriminatory language, hate speech, threats, spam, and other forms of harassment or illegal behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Keep account information safe and private. Giving access to your account puts you at risk. Do not share your account information or the account information of others.
- Engage in hate speech, threats, spam, harassment, discriminatory or illegal behaviour.
- Be overly commercial or spammy.
- Create or display any pornographic content in association with Fortnite.
- Violate any copyright or trademark of Epic Games or any other third party.
- Promote or engage in gambling associated with Fortnite.
- Participate in any action which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Epic Games, defrauds the game or any other player.
FORTNITE BLOCK LANDS ON THE ISLAND
The Block is a new location on the Fortnite map that has literally crushed Risky Reels.
It’s a new feature for Fortnite Season 7 that will play host to player-created content.
According to Epic Games, players will get some say on what is put in the Fortnite Block, with successful designs needing to be shared on social media with a special hashtag attached.
“The most exciting and imaginative islands built in Creative will be featured on the “The Block” in the Battle Royale map. Can you create something that will inspire the world? Will you become Fortnite Famous?
“We encourage you to share your creations with your friends and on social media using the #FortniteBlockParty. We’ll be looking closely at social for candidates.”
The Block is a new feature that will improve and evolve over time, according to Epic Games, and likely means that it is in early access.
For those wanting to add their own design to The Block, here are the rules for submission:
- 25×25 tile area on a flat section of your island. It’s very important that your creations can fit nicely on The Block.
- Try to keep your ‘Memory Used’ less than 50,000. Efficiency is just as important as creativity!
- Chests, floor loot and vehicle spawns will be determined by Epic. No need to include these.