David Livingston/Getty Images and Chris Jackson/Getty Images
» Top New Releases in Books
Loading the page...
- Evanna Lynch opened up about how JK Rowling and the “Harry Potter” series helped her overcome an eating disorder when she was 11 or 12 years old.
- The actress shared the story on the latest episode of ABC’s “Dancing With the Stars,” which she is competing on.
- “The only thing that could actually take my attention apart from that was the ‘Harry Potter’ series,” Lynch explained.
- The 27-year-old said that while she was in and out of the hospital, she became pen pals with Rowling and “her books and her kindness really made me want to live again.”
Evanna Lynch is known for her role as Luna Lovegood in the “Harry Potter” films, but she had a special connection with author JK Rowling before being cast in the franchise. See the rest of the story at Business Insider
NOW WATCH: 7 outdoor adventures that are worth the hike
- Debra Messing credits a ‘big overhaul’ in her diet to keeping healthy: ‘I’m not a gym rat’
- Here’s what it’s like inside the new ‘Harry Potter’ exhibit about the real-life history of magic
- ‘Truth or Dare’ star Lucy Hale says ‘there’s talks’ of doing a sequel to the horror hit