Christophe Archambault (Associated Press)
» Top New Releases in Books
Loading the page...
- French President Emmanuel Macron claimed credit for key elements of US policy on Syria.
- He said the plan to limit recent airstrikes to chemical weapons facilities were his.
- He also told French TV that he persuaded Trump not to pull US troops out of Syria.
- Macron and Trump have made much of their close personal relationship.
- Nonetheless, Trump is claiming the Syria strike as his personal success, and the White House rejected claims of a Macron-inspired U-turn.
French President Emmanuel Macron said that he was the mastermind behind Donald Trump’s airstrike on Syria, and has persuaded him to station troops in the country for the long term.
In a major interview broadcast Sunday night on BFMTV, Macron took the credit for the strike in Syria, which Trump has characterised as a personal success.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Nikki Haley says a new round of sanctions against Russia are coming Monday
- ‘Mission Accomplished!’: People are roasting Trump for using an infamous Bush-era phrase after the Syria strikes
- ‘Mission Accomplished!’: Trump praises the US, UK, and France for Syrian military strikes