Jamie Squire/Getty Images
» Top New Releases in Books
Loading the page...
- Drew Brees is embroiled in a $ 9 million lawsuit with a jeweler named Vahid Moradi, arguing that an independent appraiser suggested he was significantly overcharged for diamond purchases.
- The lawsuit claims Brees and his wife paid $ 15 million for investment-grade diamonds that the independent appraiser valued at only $ 6 million.
- A court filing submitted by Moradi claims the New Orleans Saints quarterback said he was “cash poor” before bringing the lawsuit — something Brees denies.
Drew Brees and his wife are embroiled in a $ 9 million lawsuit against a jeweler they say dramatically overcharged them for diamonds.
The New Orleans Saints quarterback sued Vahid Moradi of CJ Charles Jewelers and Vahid Moradi Inc. in April, claiming that Moradi recommended and sold the Breeses $ 15 million in investment-grade diamonds from 2012 to 2016 that the couple learned last year were worth only about $ 6 million, The San Diego Union-Tribune reported this week, citing the lawsuit. They’re seeking the $ 9 million appraisal value difference in damages.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- I’m 28 and I’ve saved over $ 240,000 — here’s what I’ve learned about money from tracking my net worth for the past 2 years
- The 50 best cities to live in around the world if you love to try new food
- How much to tip servers, taxi drivers, and hotel staff in 49 countries around the world