On the April 5, 2018 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista to talk about the latest film news, including Rampage, Infinity War, Star Wars, MoviePass, The Accountant, Jay and Silent Bob, Terminator, The Talisman, and Lord of the Rings.
Opening Banter: Peter saw Rampage last night at the World Premiere.
In the News:
- ‘Rampage’ Early Buzz: Dwayne Johnson Does His Thing in Your Latest Mindless, Loud Guilty Pleasure
- Shocking ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Box Office Tracking Suggests the Film Will Be a Hit
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Tops the Most Profitable Movies of 2017
- ‘The Accountant’ Was the Most Rented Movie of 2017
- ‘Jay and Silent Bob’ Are Back – in a Virtual Reality Series
- Abandoned ‘Terminator Genisys’ Sequel Plot Focused on Cyborg John Connor
- MoviePass Acquires Moviefone, Lifts Ban of Popular AMC Theaters
- ‘The Talisman’ Movie: Spielberg Might Finally Adapt the Stephen King, Peter Straub Novel
- Amazon’s ‘Lord of the Rings’ TV Show Has a Five Season Commitment, a Billion Dollar Budget, Peter Jackson and a Possible Spin-Off
All the other stuff you need to know:
You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
/Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
Please feel free to send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.