- Cristiano Ronaldo is an extraordinary competitor.
- World Cup analyst Patrice Evra recently told an anecdote on ITV that drove home just how dedicated the Portugal striker is to winning.
- Ronaldo lost a game of table tennis to former teammate Rio Ferdinand when they both played for Manchester United.
- Ronaldo then bought a ping pong table, practiced relentlessly for two weeks, then challenged Ferdinand to a public rematch — which he won.
- Ronaldo is currently hoping to lead Portugal to 2018 FIFA World Cup glory, and you can read all of Business Insider’s World Cup coverage here.
Cristiano Ronaldo is an extraordinary competitor.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- The 23 best World Cup players after the first round of action
- Why you shouldn’t go to Cristiano Ronaldo’s house for lunch, according to his former teammate
- Japan and Senegal fans were seen cleaning World Cup stadiums after matches ended instead of celebrating at the pub