» Top New Releases in Books
Loading the page...
- “Crazy Rich Asians” is an extravagant, hilarious, and poignant examination of Asian American and Asian cultures.
- It is a new kind of rom-com for many reasons.
- The cast is wonderful, and shows that Constance Wu and Henry Golding can carry a movie with their charm and outstanding talent in both comedy and drama.
- Awkwafina and Michelle Yeoh are other highlights.
It’s a shame that it took decades of filmmaking to get a delightful yet poignant movie like “Crazy Rich Asians” made. It’s an incredible, moving, and hilarious film that is just as rich in details and clever social satire as Kevin Kwan’s 2013 best-selling novel of the same name.
Director Jon M. Chu says that “Crazy Rich Asians” is “not just a movie, it’s a movement.” It’s also an experience — of lavish food, culture, interiors, fashion, and Singapore itself. You might look up flights to Singapore as you walk out of the movie, like I did. See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- The 50 best movies of all time, according to critics
- 7 great movies you can watch on Netflix this weekend
- ‘Christopher Robin’ is surprisingly dark but captures the beloved Winnie the Pooh characters perfectly — and will make you cry