» Top New Products
Loading the page...
- YouTuber Logan Paul is seeing a big slowdown in subscribers and views in the months after he controversially posted a video of a dead body in Japan’s so-called suicide forest.
- SocialBlade statistics examined by Business Insider show a 47% dropoff in views, and an 88% slowdown in subscribers between December and March.
- Paul stopped posting videos for the month of January, and YouTube has taken steps to demote Paul on its platform.
- The figures cast Paul’s decision to move to rival platform Twitch in a new light, given his YouTube revenues are probably meaningfully impacted.
- Paul has also agreed to fight fellow YouTuber KSI which is likely to give a big boost to his numbers.
There’s a good reason why controversial YouTuber Logan Paul has decided to launch a channel on rival site Twitch — and it isn’t just creative pride.
Statistics from SocialBlade show that Logan Paul is seeing a major decline in his viewers and subscribers on his primary YouTube channel LoganPaulVlogs. This will directly be hitting his earnings, pegged at up to £5.6 million ($ 7.9 million) a month.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- The YouTube HQ shooting is a sad, dark twist in a long-running saga about ‘demonetisation’ on the video site
- Read the email Google CEO Sundar Pichai sent employees about the YouTube shooting
- ‘Get out, get out! This is not a drill!’: Witnesses to the YouTube shooting describe moments of panic