Norm Hall/Getty Images
- When Colin Kaepernick found himself without a job in the NFL, he turned his focus to activism, donating time and money to a wide variety of causes.
- In just over a year, Kaepernick donated over $ 1 million to various charities, ranging in causes from social justice to education.
- While Kaepernick has now re-entered the spotlight as the face of Nike’s latest campaign, his commitment to his work doesn’t show any signs of wavering.
Colin Kaepernick hasn’t played an NFL snap since 2016, but that hasn’t stopped him from using the money he made during his time in the league to make an impact off the field.
Kaepernick became a lightning rod of attention for his protests of police brutality during the national anthem before kickoff and subsequently found himself without a roster spot in 2017. While the protests he inspired carried on through the 2017 season, Kap himself turned to activism, dedicating his time and a significant amount of money to causes and charities that inspired him and helped others.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- LeBron James and Serena Williams have shown their support for Nike’s polarising Colin Kaepernick ad campaign
- The NFL released a statement backing players protesting social issues, including Colin Kaepernick
- Some of Nike’s biggest rivals reportedly wanted to sign Colin Kaepernick ahead of his new ‘Just Do It’ campaign