» Top New Products
Loading the page...
- Chipotle Mexican Grill recently tapped former Taco Bell chief Brian Niccol as their new CEO in an effort to revive the flagging fast-casual brand.
- There are three relatively simple tweaks Niccol can try to bring customers back to the chain: Lower guacamole prices, introduce more limited-time offers, and improve the chain’s beverage menu.
For the first time ever, Chipotle Mexican Grill will get a new CEO. Brian Niccol, Taco Bell’s former chief, is stepping in to guide the struggling burrito chain, which has yet to fully recover from the 2015 E. coli outbreak. Niccol has big shoes to fill. Founder and outgoing CEO Steve Ells essentially pioneered the fast-casual industry, spawning a legion of imitators that wanted a piece of the one-time market darling’s success.
However, the Chipotle of today is much different from the one in the pre-crisis days, as customers have been reluctant to come back despite efforts such as its queso launch and a one-time loyalty program. Investors are already counting on Niccol to revive the struggling brand; in fact, the stock has jumped since he was named as the new chief.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Walmart needs to spend more if it wants to keep up with Amazon
- Harley-Davidson could be a big loser from a trade war
- Porsche is testing out blockchain in its cars