- An editorial in the state-run China Daily paper said on Friday that China will not “surrender” in the trade war against the US.
- “The Trump administration should not be mistaken that China will surrender to the US demands. It has enough fuel to drive its economy even if a trade war is prolonged.”
- Representatives from both sides are due to meet again soon to discuss a potential resolution to the ongoing dispute.
SHANGHAI (Reuters) – China will not buckle to US demands in any trade negotiations, the major state-run China Daily newspaper said in an editorial on Friday, after Chinese officials welcomed an invitation from Washington for a new round of talks.
China and the United States are set to return to the table with the threat of new US tariffs looming after Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin extended the invitation to counterparts in Beijing.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- U.S. company manager pleads guilty in PDVSA bribery scheme
- Survey finds rapid increase in number of UK vapers
- IKEA targets home delivery by electric vehicle in five major cities by 2020