Shayanne Gal/ Business Insider
- Business Insider compiled an exclusive list of the top 12 venture-capital firms making deals in the cannabis industry.
- Subscribe to read the list here.
Ever since Colorado legalized cannabis for all adults in 2014, the cannabis industry has blossomed, with a multitude of companies competing to scale up as more states legalize the drug.
With so few institutional investors ready to write checks to cannabis companies — marijuana is still considered a Schedule I drug by the US federal government — the industry has given rise to a number of sector-specific firms that deeply understand the nuances of investing in such a highly regulated and fragmented market.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- The top 12 venture-capital firms making deals in the booming cannabis industry that’s set to skyrocket to $ 75 billion
- Top cannabis VCs give their best advice on how to invest in the booming marijuana industry
- On the heels of hemp legalization, regulators have fired a ‘warning shot’ to the $ 1 billion CBD industry