Reuters/China Stringer Network
- Caterpillar reported earnings that topped expectations.
- The company raised its full-year adjusted earnings outlook, citing strong global demand.
(Reuters) – Caterpillar Inc on Monday posted higher quarterly profit that beat market expectations and upgraded the full-year profit outlook, citing robust global demand for its equipment.
The Deerfield, Illinois-based company reported an adjusted profit of $ 2.97 a share in the second quarter, compared with $ 1.49 a share, last year. Analysts on average had expected earnings of $ 2.73 a share.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
NOW WATCH: Why Rolex watches are so expensive
- Verizon beats, new subscribers top estimates
- Harley-Davidson beats, warns EU tariffs will squeeze margins
- Halliburton’s revenue spikes