- Carnival Cruise offered 15-year-old Darian Lipscomb a free vacation for his Snapchat handle.
- He had been posting as @carnivalcruise since he was nine.
- The company mounted an ad campaign fronted by Shaquille O’Neal dedicated to finding him — and offered the cruise package when they tracked him down.
- Lipscomb accepted, and is being taken to Barcelona with his family for the maiden voyage of the company’s newest cruise liner.
Carnival Cruise gave a teenage boy a free vacation in exchange for the @CarnivalCruise Snapchat handle he’d been using since he was nine years old.
The company tracked down Darian Lipscomb to Prospect, Virginia, and struck a bargain so they could use to channel for their own brand’s content.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Snap quietly acquired a British VR and gaming software startup called PlayCanvas
- Law-enforcement officers raid Cambridge Analytica’s headquarters in London
- Mark Zuckerberg said he is ‘fundamentally uncomfortable’ deciding what counts as hate speech on Facebook