Kimberly White / Stringer
- Proposition C, a measure which will tax San Francisco’s largest companies in order to combat homelessness, passed on Tuesday.
- Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff has been a vocal proponent of Prop C and hailed the victory in a tweet.
- Prop C would target Salesforce, which Benioff has estimated will pay between $ 10 million and $ 11 million a year.
Marc Benioff has tweeted jubilantly following the success of Proposition C.
The tax scheme was voted through on Tuesday during the US midterms. It will tax big San Francisco companies whose gross annual receipts total $ 50 million to raise money to combat the city’s homelessness crisis.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
NOW WATCH: 7 places you can’t find on Google Maps
- The top trending Google search on Election Day was ‘dónde votar’ as historic Latino voter turnout is expected for midterms
- Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff got into a Twitter beef with another exec over a controversial measure tackling San Francisco’s homelessness crisis
- Salesforce Tower, the tallest skyscraper in San Francisco, was turned into the ‘Eye of Sauron’ for Halloween