Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for Dom Perignon
- Billionaire Matthew Mellon is dead at 54.
- He died at a rehab facility in Mexico after struggling with an addiction to painkillers.
- Mellon is a descendant of the founders of Mellon Bank and investment bank Drexel Burnham Lambert.
- In recent years he made a reported $ 1 billion investing in cryptocurrency XRP.
LONDON — Billionaire banking heir and cryptocurrency investor Matthew Mellon has died in a rehab facility in Mexico, according to multiple press reports. He was 54.
- An $ 800 million crypto hedge fund says bitcoin’s recent slump can be pinned on the tax man
- $ 1.6 billion bitcoin exchange Coinbase continues its acquisition spree, snapping up another small crypto company
- A veteran Wall Streeter has left Credit Suisse for a crypto trading desk