Stephen Lam/Getty Images
- The investment company DPW Holdings has announced plans to spin off its crypto-mining business, Super Crypto Mining.
- It says it will pay a special dividend to shareholders of at least 80% of Super Crypto’s common stock.
- DPW says the spin-off will position Super Crypto for a “bitcoin recovery.”
- DPW shares spiked more than 25% ahead of Monday’s opening bell.
- Watch DPW Holdings trade live.
The investment holding company DPW Holdings was soaring ahead of Tuesday’s opening bell, its shares up more than 25% at $ 0.29, after the company said it was spinning off its crypto-mining business, Super Crypto Mining.
DPW said it planned to pay a special dividend of at least 80% of Super Crypto’s common stock to DPW shareholders, allowing them the opportunity to own a “pure play” crypto company.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Share your opinion — become a BI Insider!
- What a $ 250,000 home looks like in the biggest city in every state
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are moving out of their London palace home — here are the 13 other royals they leave behind