The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you’ll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- Barefoot shoe industry leader Vivobarefoot is now producing a line of shoes made from recycled water bottles ($ 90 – $ 190).
- Each pair of shoes will be made from 17 recycled water bottles. Left to their own devices, those bottles would take ~400 years to decompose.
- Vivibarefoot hopes this line will combat our desensitization to pollution. It’s part of a larger trend.
- Increasingly sustainable production is a goal for Vivobarefoot, with hints at new materials coming down the pipeline.
At the heart of the barefoot shoe movement is a belief that nature, ultimately, knows best.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- I found high-quality stainless steel cookware that doesn’t cost hundreds of dollars — and it’s not from a big name brand
- The best dish drying mats you can buy
- I subscribe to Nice Laundry, a subscription box that takes the hassle out of refreshing your sock drawer — here’s how it works