» Top New Releases in Books
Loading the page...
- Alleged Russian agent Maria Butina has reportedly pleaded guilty to one charge of conspiring to act as a foreign agent without registering with the Justice Department.
- Butina is suspected of trying to infiltrate the National Rifle Association and influence US policy toward Russia.
- The government’s complaint against Butina did not explicitly mention Trump’s campaign. Trump has denied any collusion with Moscow occurred.
Alleged Russian agent Maria Butina, suspected of trying to infiltrate the National Rifle Association and influence US policy toward Russia, has pleaded guilty to one charge of conspiring to act as a foreign agent without registering with the Justice Department, according to NPR.
It was not immediately clear how the deal will be structured for Butina. US District Judge Tanya Chutkan in Washington scheduled a hearing for Wednesday.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Federal prosecutors say ‘Cohen deceived the voting public’ and ‘knowingly sought to undermine core institutions of our democracy,’ explaining why he deserves prison time
- Federal prosecutors recommend ‘substantial’ prison sentence for former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen, saying he demonstrated a ‘years-long pattern of deception’
- Trump will nominate George H.W. Bush’s former attorney general to head up the Justice Department