AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais
» Top New Products
Loading the page...
- Alex Smith suffered a gruesome leg injury in the third quarter of the Redskins game against the Texans.
- The injury immediately brought up memories of Joe Thiesman’s infamous career-ending leg injury.
- Smith was carted off the field with backup quarterback Colt McCoy taking over in his absence.
Alex Smith went down in the third quarter of the Washington Redskins game against the Houston Texans on Sunday with a gruesome leg injury.
Trailing 17-7 but driving towards the red zone, Smith dropped back on third-and-9 and was immediately pursued by the Texans pass rush. Running backward, Smith went down in a heap when caught by J.J. Watt and Kareem Jackson.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- NFL POWER RANKINGS: Where all 32 teams stand going into Week 11
- One week before hosting a potential Super Bowl preview, the field in Mexico City is a mess, and the NFL is reportedly concerned
- Top 12 waiver-wire pickups for Week 11 of fantasy football