Getty Images/Scott Eisen
- A Border Patrol agent in Texas was arrested Saturday on suspicion of killing four women and abducting a fifth, who managed to escape.
- Juan David Ortiz fled from state troopers after the fifth woman escaped, and he was fount hiding in the parking lot of a hotel in Laredo, Texas.
- Investigators describe Ortiz as a serial killer, though they are still trying to determine a motive.
A US Border Patrol agent was arrested early Saturday on the suspicion that he killed four women and abducted a fifth, who escaped.
The agent, Juan David Ortiz, was captured after a woman whom he tried to abduct escaped, Webb County District Attorney Isidro Alaniz said at a news conference. Sheriff Martin Cuellar said Ortiz fled from state troopers and was found hiding in the parking lot of a hotel in Laredo, a border city about 145 miles (235 kilometers) southwest of San Antonio.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- More and more immigrant families are trying to cross the US-Mexico border, even after Trump’s family separation crisis
- The timeline of events in the Dallas officer-involved shooting has changed several times in 7 days
- Family of Dallas cop accused of shooting a black man say they’re not racists after old photos surface from her Facebook