Lisa Maree Williams/Getty Images
- A secret report commissioned by Australia’s prime minister found attempts by the Chinese Communist Party to influence all levels of government.
- The report found the CCP’s interference attempts have been going on for a decade, and described China as the country that is most concerning to Australia.
- The inquiry was led by a former government advisor who spoke to the US Armed Services Committee about China’s growing political interference earlier this year.
A classified government report uncovered attempts by the Chinese Communist Party’s (CCP) to influence all levels of politics in Australia.
The report was commissioned by Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull in 2016, and used the resources of both the prime minister’s office and the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO).See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Trump is already backtracking on the China trade agreement, days after celebrating the deal
- A bipartisan group of senators warn Trump not to blow it in trade negotiations with China
- A Chinese-Australian billionaire funded UN bribes investigated by the FBI, an Australian politician alleges