- A hawkish Chinese general said before retiring that he regretted not fighting in a war, which reveals the greatest weakness of China’s military.
- China badly wants to displace the US as the world’s top military power, but it hasn’t fought in a real war.
- All of China’s fancy new jets and ships have never been tested, and its ground army relies on conscripts while the US has an all-volunteer force and tested platforms.
- No matter how big China’s military gets, it will be ridden with doubt until they get into a real fight.
China’s People’s Liberation Army Gen. He Lei, one of the more hawkish voices asserting Beijing’s absolute rights to the South China Sea, made a telling observation at a defense conference in Singapore that reveals his military’s biggest weakness.
China has undertaken massive strides to build a world-class navy. After what the nationalists in China call a century of humiliation, going back to Japan’s occupation of China, Beijing has emerged as a military power that could soon surpass the US.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- China just showed it has a new ‘Dark Sword’ fighter jet — and it’s a nightmare for the US
- The FBI calls Chinese spies in the US a ‘whole of society threat’ — here’s how to protect yourself
- US disregards Beijing’s nonsense, says it can take down South China Sea islands