- A Republican lawmaker likened the Trump administration’s discontinued child separation policy at the US-Mexico border to the children of Paul Manafort, Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman.
- Manafort, who faces increased scrutiny after allegedly breaching his plea agreement to charges of conspiracy and obstruction of justice in the special counsel’s investigation, is the father of two adult children.
- Manafort’s children include Jessica, an independent filmmaker who reportedly changed her last name to distance herself from an unwanted “public perception,” and Andrea, who described her father as someone with “no moral or legal compass” and a “a sick f—ing tyrant.”
A Republican lawmaker likened the Trump administration’s discontinued child-separation policy at the US-Mexico border to the fate of President Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, who faces increased scrutiny after allegedly breaching his plea agreement to charges of conspiracy and obstruction of justice.
“I’m always glad to fill in the gaps of people’s knowledge or ignorance in a particular area,” Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas said during a House Judiciary Committee hearing on immigration and border security. “So let me just state for those who are not aware … parents are separated from children every single day of every year, year after year.”See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Trump just signed a law that could spark a boom for the $ 1 billion marijuana-linked CBD industry
- A GoFundMe campaign is raising funds to pay for the border wall — and it has already raised more than $ 5 million
- After a 7-year-old migrant girl died in Border Patrol custody, Kirstjen Nielsen said ‘this family chose to cross illegally’, and critics are outraged she’s blaming the death on the family