Mark Brake/Getty Images
- Tesla laid out an unprecedented plan to go private at $ 420 per share on Wednesday, sending Wall Street into a flurry.
- Shares skyrocketed more than 10% following the announcement, which came as a cryptic tweet.
- When it comes to the specifics of the potential news, Wall Street has more questions than answers
- Follow Tesla’s stock price in real-time here.
Elon Musk on Tuesday sent shockwaves through Wall Street when he cryptically tweeted that he was considering taking Tesla private at $ 420 per share.
The announcement, followed up with only slightly more detail in an email to employees published on Tesla’s website, sent the company’s stock price soaring more than 10% — and burned short sellers in the process. See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Elon Musk boosted his net worth by $ 1.4 billion with just one short tweet
- Elon Musk’s latest Twitter antics have Tesla hurtling into uncharted territory — and could have legal ramifications for the CEO
- Tesla’s surging stock has cost short sellers $ 1.1 billion in a single day