- An Oregon hotel announced Saturday it fired two employees who called the police on a black guest, after spotting him in the lobby and demanding to know his room number.
- Jermaine Massey said that even though he showed the guard his hotel key, the guard told him to leave and a manager called the police and accused Massey of loitering.
- The DoubleTree by Hilton hotel tweeted on Saturday it had “zero tolerance for racism,” and apologized to Massey.
A hotel in Portland, Oregon, announced Saturday it fired two employees over mistreating a black guest, whom they asked to leave last week before calling the police.
Jermaine Massey, 34, said he was talking to his mother on his phone in lobby of the DoubleTree by Hilton hotel last Saturday when a security guard approached him to ask if he was a guest, and what his room number was.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- An early retiree who interviewed 100 millionaires discovered nearly all of them got rich using the same 3-step strategy
- Truck owners are blocking Tesla Superchargers in ‘ICE-ing’ protests
- Shooting suspect in California officer’s death is captured after statewide manhunt