- Researchers from Princeton University discovered a new breast cancer treatment method that could stop the spread of an especially aggressive form of the disease called triple-negative breast cancer.
- The new method uses a naturally occurring protein called Tingal1 to block the passageways in which triple-negative breast cancer could spread to other areas of the body.
- Triple-negative breast cancer is more aggressive than other forms of breast cancer because it doesn’t respond to many of the existing treatment forms currently available.
“People have tried to block the spread of this form of cancer but attempts so far have failed because if you try one approach, the cancer cells compensate by finding a way to escape,” Yibin Kang, senior author of the study, said in a press release.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- A 16-month-old has a rare condition that makes his tongue double in size. Here’s what you need to know about it.
- The FDA is warning people to wash their avocados before eating because of potential listeria contamination
- Bill Gates says a deadly flu epidemic is one of the biggest threats to humanity. It could kill nearly 33 million people in 6 months.